|A Drive in the Country|
A Drive in the Country is the thirteenth episode of the 2011 series of Sooty.
It’s Richard’s day off and Sooty and Sweep have helped him prepare a picnic. But with “Sooty-Stig” driving the campervan, a flat tyre and no petrol, will Richard ever get a peaceful drive in the country?
- Sooty's "Stig" costume (and the music used in that scene) is a reference to the BBC motoring show, "Top Gear".
- When Sooty splashes Richard with the muddy puddle, his shirt gets splattered with mud but when Richard wipes his face with the towel, his shirt is completely clean!
- When Richard looks back to see that they've left the trailer behind, they no longer appear to be at the holiday park. They seem to be in the countryside.
- After they have gone back to attach the trailer, there is a shot of the puppet's in the camper's cab. The door behind where Soo is sitting has vanished.
- When Sooty is changing the camper van tyre, the camper is raised on a block which is made to look like tarmac.
- When Soo brings Sooty the spare wheel, as she lowers it to hand it over, a finger can be seen holding the top of it.
- When the camper's engine blows up, the smoke seems to have vanished in the following shot.
- The sandwiches must have been ruined when Sweep throws them into the hamper, but they seem fine when the children are eating them at the end.
- Everytime the gang drive off, they leave one of their caravan doors and their garden gate wide open.
- The scene of Sweep feeding the sheep during the end credits of this episode is actually stock footage from The Farm, but this shot is not shone during the episode itself.