|Down the Drain|
November 2nd, 2011
Down the Drain is the seventeenth episode of the 2011 series of Sooty.
There’s no water at the Park! The gang’s shower has stopped working, and Richard is covered in mud. It’s down to plumbers Sooty and Sweep to put things right in time for the opening of the new picnic area – but not everybody will stay dry.
- Wink Taylor makes another uncredited appearance as the maintenance man and Richard's brother, David Cadell, also makes an uncredited appearance; he's the man who's face is pushed into his ketchup-smothered chips.
- The first draft of this script, written by Alex Skerratt who was ill in bed at the time, was based on the 1980's Sooty Show episode, Plumbing.
- According to a blog post by Alex Skerratt, the only thing that was left in the final script was the title and perhaps, the bit with the pipes.
- This is the first of the three few episodes in the series to have narrative, the other two being The New Poster and The Marching Band.
- When the episode aired on CITV, the subtitles mispelled Soo's name as "Sue".
- During the Sooty and Sweep's gardening scene, the ground occasionally shakes.
- When Sweep scatters the sunflower seeds, the gaps between the planters are blocked out so that the viewers cannot see the puppeteer. The gap was not blocked out earlier.