|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the episode.|
|Type of animal||Bear (Teddy)|
|Birthday|| 24th September (All series except Sooty & Co)
1st April (Sooty & Co)
In the 2011 series, he only appears in the episode The Wedding, where he attends the imaginary wedding of Sooty and Soo. In the second series, he was part of a band that played at the children's disco in Disco Disco.
- Scampi was first introduced in 1990.
- Like Sooty, Scampi can only talk in a very light whisper which can only be heard when someone puts their ear up to his mouth.
- When asked if he would be appearing in the upcoming new series, Richard Cadell said that he will no longer be a main character as he is currently at boarding school, but he will (like Butch) pop up from time to time. He is now living back with his parents.
- He has a Scottish cousin called McScampi, as revealed in Things That Go McSqueak in the Night from Sooty's Amazing Adventures.
- When HiT Entertainment took over the franchise, they wanted the stories to centre on Sooty, Sweep, Soo, Butch, and Miki so it was decided Scampi should take a back seat, having very few background roles.
- According to the Sooty & Co. episode Sooty's Magic Solutions, Scampi suffers from ergophobia, the fear of work.
- For a long time in his early years, Little Cousin Scampi was depicted with a plaster on his cheek. But In 2002/2003, he has been seen without it.
- In the Sooty Show, Scampi was originally depicted with grit on his clothes and soot on his face, but ever since Sooty & Co. started these trademarks have been removed.
- From 1990 to 2000, he was a main character in the Sooty series. Since 2001, he has become a minor character.