|Type of animal||Female Panda|
Soo is a British puppet and TV character popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and other countries.
- Marjorie Corbett - The Sooty Show. (1964 - 1981)
- Brenda Longman - The Sooty Show, Sooty & Co, Sooty Heights, Sooty (2001), Sooty (2011). (1981 - 2001, 2005 - presents)
- Susie Blake - Sooty's Amazing Adventures. (1996 - 1997)
- Sheila Clark - Sooty (2001). (2002 - 2004)
- Soo was first featured on The Sooty Show as the girlfriend of the main puppet character Sooty in 1964.
- Soo is a calm and collected female panda who acts as the foil for both Sooty and Sweep. Soo usually wears a red skirt and bows on her head. In the 1990s series Sooty & Co., Soo was voiced by Brenda Longman who had previously voiced her in it's predecessor.
- In December 2007 Soo appeared on, and won, a puppet special of the Weakest Link hosted by Anne Robinson which was originally broadcast on Friday, 28th December 2007 at 18:00GMT on BBC1. She raised £11,500 for her chosen charity, the World Wide Fund for Nature, after defeating Roland Rat thanks to sudden death.
- On 30 September 2008, Brenda Longman, assisted by Soo, appeared on BBC One's Bargain Hunt, buying antiques at London's Portobello Road and then selling them at Bellmans Auction House in Sussex.
- On 31 March 2010, Soo appeared in a music video with The Sugarbabes called "Soogarbabes".
- Her name is often misspelled as Sue.
- In Boarding House, she calls herself Susie. However, it is unknown whether this is true or if she was just trying to be posh for the guests arriving at the bed and breakfast.
- On Tuesday April 9th, 2013, Soo along with Sooty and Sweep appeared as the judging panel in one episode of "The Matt Lucas Awards" Season 2.
- According to the Sooty & Co. episode Sooty's Magic Solutions, Soo suffers from Arachnophobia, the fear of spiders.
- In 2009, Soo along with Sooty and Sweep appeared in Peter Kay's Animated All Star Band music video on "Children in Need".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.