|Sooty Takes Off|
October 5th, 2013
Sooty Takes Off is the ninth episode of the second series of Sooty.
Sooty, Sweep and Soo are desperate to join the junior model flyers' club, and they have just the plane to prove their skills. But after a journey that takes them from Paris to the North Pole, will they have enough fuel to make it home?
- This episode is based on a 1960's Harry Corbett Sooty Show episode of the same name.
- One of the series writers and production assistant Wink Taylor plays the Indian man, the Frenchman and the Eskimo uncredited.
- At one point, Richard refers to Sooty, Sweep and Soo's model helicopter as a plane.
- The aeroplane that Sooty, Sweep and Soo fly is far too small for them to get inside. They could have used magic, but this is not explained in the episode.
- The background behind Wink Taylor does not change even though he is supposed to be in different countries.
- The shots of Paris, the Antarctic and India are just still photographs. You can tell because nothing moves. This is made clear during the Eiffel tower picture
- When Soo says "the mountains, the ocean, Sweep...", she sounds distant and her voice seems to have more of an echo.