October 17th 1994
Speedy Sweep is the seventh episode of the second season of Sooty & Co.
Sweep wants to drive the camper van. Matthew will not allow it, saying that Sweep's reflexes are too slow. Later, whilst Sooty's out on a delivery - Sweep sees his chance and hijacks the camper. Soon, he realises that he can't drive it and gets involved in a police chase. Luckily for Sweep, it was all a dream.
- The code the policeman uses - Sierra, Delta, Puppet - is a reference to the characters being puppets. In real police alphabet the code should have sounded 'Sierra, Delta, Papa' not puppet.
- The car which Sweep is seen playing with is from The Flintstones.
- According to the packaging on the cars that Mo buys, the cars are from the "Matchbox" range.
- Most of the police chase takes place around Duke Street, about half a mile from Granada Studios in Manchester.
- During the shot of the Titanic sinking, you can see the puppeteer's arm hole on the bottom of the bathtub.
- When the police chase starts the hubcap on the front nearside wheel of the camper van falls off and rolls across the road, but it's still on during the rest of the chase.
- When weaving in and out of the cones, the police car knocks a few and makes the remaining barriers collapse.
- Sweep has been known to drive before in a very early episode called "Sooty's Garage".
- At the begining Soo says Sweep is standing in the middle of the race track, but acctually he is merely standing on the end of it as Sooty goes back the other way as soon as he collides with him.