|The Big Day Out|
The Big Day Out is a direct-to-DVD special released in 2009, five years after the latest series ended. It is the start of the new Sooty series. This DVD was re-released in 2013 for Poundland stores.
- Sooty Where are you?
- A Little Touch of Sooty
- Are you Ready?
- Everybody Shout for Sooty
- The entire special is filmed at a theme park in Bream, Somerset. The theme park was owned by Richard Cadell when this and the first two series were filmed.
- This special marks the return of the Sooty Show staff Brenda Longman and Brian Sandford.
- Dave Corbett (Matthew's brother) is back working on the musical score.
- Brian Sandford can be seen sitting with Sweep on the roller coaster. Alex Skerratt, co-writer, can be seen dancing during one of the songs.
- The songs featured in this special were released on CD along with some songs from The Sooty Show and Sooty & Co. sung by Richard Cadell.
- Richard Cadell voiced Kipper the Cat, Butch, and Ramsbottom.
- The DVD was re-released for Poundlands shops, but these are no longer at the stores
- This was meant to be the first of many new appearances of Mo, played by Brenda Longman, however she has been absent from the first two series of Sooty.
- During the scene where Sooty and Sweep are honking each others' noses in the van, the end of Sooty's puppet can be seen frequently. Also, in the same scene, the puppets are talking to Richard out of the passenger window, but when they cut to a shot of the van smoking, the puppets are looking out of the windscreen.
- When Soo bumps into Sweep during the song "Sooty Where are You?", if you look closely you can see Soo's puppeteer in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Whilst Sweep is talking to the dog, the puppeteer's arm can be seen. The camera then quickly adjusts to Sweep's position.
- When Sweep is being shown on the roller coaster, the costumer next to him, actually puppeteer Brian Sandford, looks directly down at the camera and nods suggesting that he was signalling for something.
- While the puppets were bouncing on the trampoline, black thread is visible.
- When Sooty waves his magic wand in Mo's doughnut stall, the puppeteer's head is visible.