The Genie is the seventh episode of the second series of Sooty.
When Sooty finds a magical lamp on the beach, he discovers that it contains a genie. But this genie causes nothing but mischief, and won't get back in the lamp. It's up to Sooty to sort things out.
- This episode seems to be loosely based on the Sooty Show episode Sooty's Magic Lamp. The part where Sooty pulls up the pipe with the camper van seems to have been based on the Sooty & Co. episode Scrap Idea.
- The man who uses the portable toilet is Pete Moran who is part of the design team. Despite speaking a few times, he goes uncredited. He was also seen trying to use the toilet in Sooty's Space Rocket.
- Wink Taylor reprises his role as the maintenance man who, in this episode, is pushed in some water and Soo's voice artist Brenda Longman and Sweep's puppeteer Brian Sandford can be seen sat on a bench eating ice-creams (which get magicked into their faces by the genie). All three roles are uncredited.
- This is the first time an episode continues over the end credits and the sound from the episode can be heard over the theme music. Usually clips from the episode are played.
- When Richard kneels down on the sand next to Soo, the ground beneath him shakes.
- When the genie first appears, he is surrounded with smoke which disappears in the close-up shot.
- When the kitchen shakes, the frying pan nearest the cupboard falls off the wall. It reappears during some of the close-ups of the puppets.
- After whispering to Richard before tricking the genie back into his lamp, Sooty gets some flour on one of his ears which disappears and reappears between shots.
- Oddly, the man who is using the portable toilet is seen with his trousers up everytime the door comes away while he is still sitting down.