|The Great Race|
Justin Lee Collins
The Great Race is the third episode of the 2011 series of Sooty.
It’s the annual Go Kart Race at Slater’s Holiday Park. When Richard and Sweep’s kart goes up in smoke, Sooty enters the race in his campervan. But to win he has to overcome the dirty tricks of cheating competitor Fred Firewheel.
- Brenda Longman is the lady who lends Richard and Sweep her mobility scooter.
- Writer Wink Taylor is the the man who sells Fred Firewheel his new go-kart.
- Richard Cadell is the announcer.
- Writer Alex Skerratt has revealed in a blog post that the character Fred Firewheel was originally going to be called "Professor Fuel" and then "Fred Flywheel". The blog post also reveals that the race was originally going to take place around the leisure park and the beach.
- When Richard and Sweep are on the mobility scooter, Richard is not steering in time with the background.
- Being a go-kart race, Sooty competing in his camper van should've been against the rules.