|Who's a Clever Bird?|
November 4th, 2011
Who's a Clever Bird? is the nineteenth episode of the 2011 series of Sooty.
Richard has booked a circus to entertain the guests but it hasn’t arrived, so Sooty asks the owner of the bird garden to save the day with his clever budgies. Finally circus clowns Sooty and Sweep attempt to walk the tightrope – but will it be enough to impress the audience?
- Most television listings named this episode Clever Bird.
- The large clown is Jimmy Carlo. Despite speaking a couple of times, he is not credited.
- Among the circus audience is writer Wink Taylor. Wink also plays one of the clowns (he is the one on the unicycle outside the supermarket and he later peeps inside the big top with Jimmy Carlo).
- The circus that appears is currently unknown. The press release says it's "The Wookey Hole Circus" whereas other sources say some of the performers are from "Gerry Cottle Circus Troupe" and Norman Barrett is also known for performing with "Zippo's Circus".
- According to a blog post by writer Alex Skerratt, there is a deleted scene where Sooty is given Norman Barrett's gloves and he tosses them over his shoulder, prompting a scowl from Norman followed by a round of applause from the audience.